Aerial Yoga is a fascinating way to experience yoga in a new way. Classical yoga asanas are transformed into the air. With the help of an oversized aerial yoga hammock hanging from the ceiling, we practice yoga in the fabric. This means that you completely give your body weight into the aerial yoga fabric. Gravity becomes your friend and supports you in the yoga asanas. Advanced positions that are difficult on the ground can be mastered easily in the aerial yoga hammock. You experience a feeling of weightlessness and gain the possibility to move multidimensionally in the air.
The aerial yoga hammock becomes your partner, lovingly providing you with support and stability. But like any good training partner, the hammock will also challenge you at times - especially when it comes to postures, balance, strength and acrobatics. The swinging and swaying adds a big dose of fun.
Inversions in the Aerial Yoga hammock
Another special feature of Aerial Yoga are the so-called "inversions". The body hangs upside down in the aerial yoga fabric. Yogis say that inversions have a rejuvenating, life-prolonging effect. All organs are freed from their usual position and many blockages, toxins and tensions are released.
Aerial Yoga is also known as Antigravity Yoga, Flying Yoga, High Fly Yoga or Swing Yoga. It combines classical yoga asanas with postures from hammock and circus acrobatics as well as elements from AcroYoga (partner yoga).
Positive effects of Aerial Yoga practice
- Strengthening of the entire musculature
- Increase of physical flexibility and stretchability
- Stretching and relief of the spine and joints
- Training of balancing abilities
- Purification and acupressure
- Fun in connection with swinging and flying
- Learning to let go and release control
- Discovering a new and balanced body feeling
- Deep and long lasting relaxation in the Aerial Yoga hammock